- High print quality
Advanced thermal printing technology enables photo-quality black & white prints with resolutions up to approximately 325 dpi and gray levels up to 256 steps.
- Dual cutter configuration
In addition to the conventional upper cutter, a lower cutter has been added to the front door. This enables paper to be cut in a downward direction in addition to an upward direction. This increased flexibility in cutting direction expands location choices for printer installation. For example, even if the printer is installed immediately below the operation console of an ultrasound system, paper can easily be cut from the front. Furthermore, a safety mechanism automatically hides the lower cutter when opening the front panel to change the printing paper.
- A6 prints in less than two seconds
While operating in high speed mode, the UP-D898MD can produce A6-size prints in approximately 1.9 seconds (when used with UPP-110HG or UPP-110S print media).
- Compact, space-saving design
Measuring 88mm (H) x 154 mm (W) x 240 mm (D), the UP-D898MD has the same space-saving design as the UP-D897MD for easy, flexible integration into medical carts.
- Enhanced operability
Building on the success of the popular UP-D897, the UP-D898MD features an enlarged LCD panel that displays printer settings, selected paper type and advisory messages. An intuitive joystick control allows speedy menu navigation, while the new Auto Lock mode prevents unintentional changes to print settings.
- Hard copy reference of print settings
For convenient reference, selected settings (Brightness, Contrast, Gamma and Sharpness) can optionally be printed in a blank space on the print paper.
- Uses widely available print media
Sony offers a choice of three high quality, widely available A6 thermal print media types to meet the needs of different applications. Choose from the UPP-110HD, UPP-110S, or the UPP-110HG High Glossy Printing Paper that produces glossy, long-lasting near-photo quality prints.
- Wide PC compatibility
For maximum flexibility, a wide range of PC drivers are provided for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 (32/64bit).
- Quick guide print
Quick instruction guides for different print operations can be selected via the front control panel. They can be printed out for easy reference without needing to refer to the user manual.*
- Compliance with medical standards
This product is distributed to the US and EU as a medical device and satisfies product safety standards (e.g. IEC 60601-1).
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 154 x 88 x 240 mm (6 1/6 x 3 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches)
- EC Directive: (EU) MDD, EMC, LVD
- Gradations: 8 bits (256 levels) processing
- Input Current: 1.3 A to 0.6 A
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) (x1)
- Mass: 2.5 kg (5 lb 8 oz)
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% (no condensation allowed)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)
- Paper Size: Paper width of 110 mm (4 3/8 inches)
- Picture Area: 320 x 100 mm (12 5/8 x 4 inches)
- Picture Elements: Digital: 4,096 x 1,280 dots
- Picture Memory: Digital: 4,096 x 1,280 x 8 (bit)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Printer Driver Software: Microsoft Windows 7 32/64 bit, 8 32/64 bit, 10 32/64 bit
- Printing Method: Direct thermal printing
- Printing Time: High-speed mode:
Approx. 1.9 seconds/image (960 x 1,280 dots)
Normal speed mode:
Approx. 3.3 seconds/image (960 x 1,280 dots)
- Resolution: 325 dp
- Storage and Transport Humidity: 20% to 80% (no condensation allowed)
- Storage and Transport Temperature: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- Supplied Accessories: Thermal head cleaning sheet (1), CD-ROM (1), Before Using this Printer (1), Service Contact List (1)
Product Brochure: Click on the DOWNLOADS menu
Labor 1 year Parts 1 year, except Thermal Head, which is warranted for 1 year or 10,000 prints, whichever occurs first