Surgical viewing has changed significantly in the past 10 years. Standard definition monitors were ubiquitous in the operating room until 3 CCD/CMOS cameras came on the scene. Monitors with 1080p became the norm. Now with 4K UHD (2160p) the surgical view is fantastic. Using a 4K camera displaying on a 4K monitor, we were able to see individual blood cells moving in the eye.
Here are the benefits of Sony's LMDX550MT 4K monitor:
- Medical-grade technology produces “crisper, clearer, sharper” images with less noise and has a longer life-span than commercial displays. The monitor is certified to IEC 60601-1 and applicable standards.
- Unique Sony HD/SD to 4K upscaling image interpolation gives crisp, natural 4K view of lower resolution (HD/SD) images without blurring or 'jaggies'.
- Up to 4 separate video signals can be displayed onscreen at the same time.
- Displays Ultra HD images with four times the detail of Full HD.
- OptiContrast Panel™ features an advanced design that controls incident light reflections and dispersion within the LCD panel layer for improved contrast and visibility. It also helps prevent moisture condensation within the panel.
- 3D/2D operating mode is set via display menu and confirmed by an on-screen indicator. A 3D/2D color matching function minimizes shifts in color when viewing images in 3D (with glasses) or 2D (without glasses).
- Select a variety of display formats – including Image Rotation, Side-by-Side, Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-out-Picture (POP) – quickly and easily from the menu. 3D PIP/POP multi-image display options include two screens with main 3D/2D and sub-2D picture, or three screens with three 2D pictures. 3D pictures can also be rotated 180 degrees (image flip).
- Image zoom can be adjusted to 1x, 1.2x, 1.5x or 2x, for an larger view of small details while retaining high image resolution. Zoom can be set separately for each input (SDI/HDMI/DVI).
The best and the brightest from Sony Medical. Click here for ordering information.